This unit is exceeded expectations. The position is perfect for taking advantage of Moffat Beach and its cafes.
The views are spectacular!
I loved my stay at Shipton Lodge, Moffatt Beach. My husband and I needed to relax and take a breather. As soon as I walked in and saw the extent of the views I couldn't wipe tje smile off my face. The unit is very comfortable, very clean, great position and has everything you need. I have already booked my next stay.
Potential problems you can easily avoid
I would stay again at this unit. The sound of the surf on the rocks is soothing. This unit does have a couple of issues that have not been mentioned on other reviews, and knowing about them may enable you to avoid injury or inconvenience. There is a small (3 cm ) step in the floor, near the laundry. It is not obvious, and my daughter did not notice it. She kicked it while walking to the bathroom, and injured her toes. She experienced a lot of pain. The step has a metal edge. We put a towel across the step during the rest of our stay, to reduce the risk of a repeat injury. The front patio door has a corroded inoperable lock mechanism. If you close the glass patio door, you may need help from a person in the unit, to get back in. There is no other patio exit. The driveway into the carport is steep, and requires careful driving to make a sharp turn before entry. Reversing out safely is hampered by the concrete pillars of the carport, poor visibility of the driveway behind the car, the sharp turn, and a concrete property wall. Having a person outside the car to guide you is a good idea.
Very comfortable with everything you need to enjoy a holiday by the sea. Quiet neighbourhood with the best views of the ocean and a short stroll to beaches. Will definitely be back.
|School Holidays September||
December 2022 / January 2023
Units are Saturday – Saturday Arrivals and Departures - Houses are Friday – Friday Arrivals and Departures
If the Guest wishes to cancel or change their booking, the following terms will apply.
· If the Guests gives notice to cancel their booking; less than 30 days notice prior to the arrival date, no refund of any monies paid shall be made. The Owner may (in their discretion) provide a refund if the Property is re-let for the total period of the proposed Tenancy at the same or greater rent.
· more than 30 days prior to the arrival date:
· The Guest will, after deduction of the booking administration and banking fees, receive a full refund of all monies paid.
· the Guest will pay a booking administration fee to the Agency (minimum of $60.00); and
· If a booking has been paid for by credit card and is cancelled, all bank charges are the responsibility of the Guest.
· This booking is made in good faith and the Agent is not responsible for any actions taken by the Owner.
· The cancellation policy becomes active on any account once monies have been paid.
· Our Agency strongly suggests that you take out independent travel insurance
· Guests making bookings at this time do so at their ow risk
Outside our Standard Cancellation policy, if you are unable to occupy the Property during your reservation or you need to alter your reservation, because of the closure of State borders or other Government mandated travel restrictions, due to and/or during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Agent will agree to one (only) alteration of your reservation, provided that that alteration is of the same Property, to dates that are not more than 12 months after your original arrival date and the monies paid by you for your reservation continues to be held by the Agent for that altered reservation generally in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Any difference in cost due to change in tariff will be the responsibility of the guest.
The Agent is contracted by individual property owners to take holiday bookings for their private properties. In doing so, property owners employ this policy as the framework for managing booking cancellations, amendments and refunds.
Requests from guests seeking to cancel, amend bookings or refund inconsistent with this policy, will be referred by our staff to the property owner/s, who will be the sole decision-makers regarding such requests
Refundable Bond Included in the Booking Total
Shaded dates (not clickable) mean that the date is not available.